PLEASE NOTE: The MSSE program is inherently a part-time program and does not satisfy visa requirements for full-time study. For this reason, applications from International students CANNOT be considered for this program, UNLESS you already hold a work visa or permanent residency.
Regular Graduate Student
Students who have recently completed a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, with little or no experience in the high tech industry, are eligible for regular admission under the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering or a closely related major.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 with at least a 3.0 grade point average in the major.
- A satisfactory score in the quantitative component of the Graduate Record Examination.
Provisional Graduate Student
Students with a bachelor's degree in any field, with a minimum GPA of 2.75, and at least one year of work experience in the software industry, may be accepted as Provisional Graduate students and begin taking core courses.
These students may then apply for transfer as a Regular Graduate student in the MSSE program by meeting the following criteria:
- Earn at least a grade of B in each of the first four approved courses in the Certificate in Software Engineering program while enrolled as a Provisional Graduate Student.
- Submit a resume documenting at least three years of software development related experience.
- Provide three letters of reference from persons who are familiar with the applicant's work experience.
NOTE 1: The GRE is required for all students choosing Regular Admission. Official scores must be submitted prior to acceptance. The GRE is not required for Provisional Admission.
NOTE 2: Official transcripts showing completion of a bachelor's degree must be provided in all cases.
NOTE 3: The 3-year experience requirement for Provisional Admission needs to be met by the time the core courses are completed. However, you should submit a resume showing at least one year of relevant work experience at the time of initial application.