LANE DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
About Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
Computer science and electrical engineering represent two fast-paced and ever-changing fields. While many professionals complain about stagnation, a computer scientist or electrical engineer is always learning new tricks and finding better ways to solve any given problem.
The Department provides educational programs at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering and biometric systems. Each of the degree programs provides a broad spectrum of knowledge in its field, but also provides the opportunity for specialization through emphasis areas, electives, independent research projects and directed studies. The programs also provide the broad general education necessary to put technical knowledge into perspective. Scholarships are available.
The Lane Department is home to an extensive research programs with major activities in biometric systems; distributed computing and communications; health science engineering; electronic materials, devices and sensors; power systems; and software engineering and information assurance.
Our programs provide students with the skills required for a broad range of jobs in industry, government, academia, business and research. View employment outcomes.
To harbor a nurturing learning environment for students as well as provide a quality education via high-quality academic programs with both practical and theoretical backgrounds, hands-on research experience and membership into relevant professional societies.
- Jul221:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Markova Mcpherson
- Jul239:00 AM - 3:30 PMEnvironmental Compliance and Permitting for Air, Water, & Waste in the State of West Virginia
- Jul239:00 AM - 3:30 PMCancelled - Environmental Compliance and Permitting for Air, Water, & Waste in the State of West Virginia
- Jul248:00 PM - 10:00 PMPirelli World Challenge TC America Race Broadcast on CBS Sports Network
- Jul269:00 AM - 11:00 AMPhD Final Defense: Sujan Phani Kumar Kasani
- Jul262:30 PM - 4:30 PMSummer Workshop Series - Adjusting to WVU & US (Hacks & Tips)