Cybersecurity Program Accreditation and Assessment
Program Mission Statement
The objective of the Bachelor of Science degree program in electrical engineering (EE) is to produce graduates who have the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will ensure success in professional positions in business, industry, research, government service, or in graduate study as well as professional schools.
Program Educational Objectives
The objective of the bachelor’s degree program in Cybersecurity (CYBE) at West Virginia University is to produce graduates who have the attitudes that will ensure success in professional positions in business, industry, research, governmental service, or graduate study or professional school.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program's discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practices based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program's discipline.
- Apply security principles and practices to maintain operations in the presence of risks and threats.