Program Mission Statement
The objective of the Bachelor of Science degree program in electrical engineering (EE) is to produce graduates who have the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will ensure success in professional positions in business, industry, research, government service, or in graduate study as well as professional schools.
The Bachelor of Science degree in cybersecurity is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Program Criteria for Cybersecurity
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives (PEO) of the Cybersecurity program at the West Virginia University is to produce graduates who have theoretical knowledge and practical hands-on skills with cutting edge technology and cybersecurity tools to apply in their careers in industry, research, government service, or academia. It is expected that in the first five years after graduation our graduates will achieve success and proficiency in their profession, be recognized as leaders, and contribute to the betterment of society.
Student Learning Outcomes
The Student Outcomes of the Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity program at West Virginia University are that graduates of the program will have the ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program's discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practices based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program's discipline.
- Apply security principles and practices to maintain operations in the presence of risks and threats.
Enrollment and Graduation Numbers
Enrollment and graduation numbers for the current academic year can be found at https://www.statler.wvu.edu/academics/accreditation-and-assessment.